The [MC3L] Clan
Please join our forums! You will be able to post on these forums, and receive important updates via email!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The [MC3L] Clan
Please join our forums! You will be able to post on these forums, and receive important updates via email!
The [MC3L] Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 83 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:54 pm
User Activity
Latest topics
» Creating the new main
New idea needs help. EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 5:27 am by Mozziedoo

» Why are you on this site?
New idea needs help. EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 1:51 pm by 303i

» New promotion policy
New idea needs help. EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 11:51 am by 303i

» Rawj9 IS FURIOUS
New idea needs help. EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 3:05 pm by dekema2

» Grand opening for main3
New idea needs help. EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 3:06 pm by dekema2

» GOOD MOVIE WEBSTIES
New idea needs help. EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 8:16 am by stalk

» I'm closer than ever to opening main3
New idea needs help. EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 3:03 am by dekema2

» IMPORTANT PLEASE READ (Excluding Server Owners)
New idea needs help. EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 1:03 pm by akitobrother

» I need help overnight on main3
New idea needs help. EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 2:45 am by dekema2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

New idea needs help.

2 posters

Go down

New idea needs help. Empty New idea needs help.

Post by joelp53 Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:09 am

Ok so i don't know if any of you could accomplish this so I'm posting this in several other places, But anyways as you may know on my server i have a default rank set to New, Now what this helps prevent is griefers as there is a lot of things on the server that a lot of people have made and put time into to.

So i work on the basis of all new members have to activly ask to build or there not allowed, So this gave me an idea of a new script, Basically this new script would on request set the new member to the rank of User and teleport them to the map Guest2 where they could build or whatever to prove they can be trusted, So i was wondering if any of you guys knew how to create scripts like this or know anyone that knows how to create scripts for McForge.

If so message bellow please Thanks Wink

joelp53

Back to top Go down

New idea needs help. Empty Re: New idea needs help.

Post by The NRB Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:31 am

Im not sure if your talking about this or it will work but why dont you just set a lvl cap on the other maps so that guests wont get in (or you can make guest map your home map and dont give them the /tp command
The NRB
The NRB

Back to top Go down

Post by joelp53 Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:30 pm

Yeh well i did do that for a while however i recently found a bug in MCforge, basically if you have you maps set to load on join and unload when no'one is on them (which i have to have set due to me having like 27 maps now) it defaults the settings when they reload, For example when the server starts and all default maps are loaded and the other maps are loaded for the first time everything is ok, However when everyone leaves one of those maps and it unloads all the settings default, So when someone joins again and it reloads anyone can build on that map and grief, Now i sorted that by setting the New comers to the rank of New which has -19 access so like being banned, Then when they join a mod or higher asks them whether they wish to build and if they say yes there set to Users, That worked for a while however now with more and more people joining and me not having staff 24/7 it's a little hard to make sure every new person is happy, However this command i would like would in theory sort that.

If it can't be done then i think i will have to try and sort it out maybe delete a load of worlds, However i would by far not like to do that, But if it does come to that i will delete some and just have a few constantly loaded.

joelp53

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:11 am

joelp53 wrote:Yeh well i did do that for a while however i recently found a bug in MCforge, basically if you have you maps set to load on join and unload when no'one is on them (which i have to have set due to me having like 27 maps now) it defaults the settings when they reload, For example when the server starts and all default maps are loaded and the other maps are loaded for the first time everything is ok, However when everyone leaves one of those maps and it unloads all the settings default, So when someone joins again and it reloads anyone can build on that map and grief, Now i sorted that by setting the New comers to the rank of New which has -19 access so like being banned, Then when they join a mod or higher asks them whether they wish to build and if they say yes there set to Users, That worked for a while however now with more and more people joining and me not having staff 24/7 it's a little hard to make sure every new person is happy, However this command i would like would in theory sort that.

If it can't be done then i think i will have to try and sort it out maybe delete a load of worlds, However i would by far not like to do that, But if it does come to that i will delete some and just have a few constantly loaded.

Cake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum